Trying to finish posting vacation pics from our past summer's trip to Washington DC... (at some point I'll be up to date on this blog!)
The only picture we were allowed to have someone take before the guards started screaming for everyone to cross the street.
Brooke was a trooper - we walked miles and miles....this is her passed out in the stroller.
This stop was awesome and sooooo worth the miles of walking all day. The kids loved it!
And this my friends was the best $20.00 spent all day.......after veering off the path we were too tired to walk back to the Metro station. Luckily for us, there was a lone cab in the Lincoln Memorial parking lot. It was the kid's first ride in a taxi and I thought I might even kiss the driver for being in the right place at the right time.
When in DC, take the time to go to Mt Vernon. It was one of our favorite stops! If you have time go through ALL of the museums there - it was great!
The view from Washington's backyard - can you imagine?
So many great parks and fountains around DC....
Nate under the Boy Scouts of America Memorial...... (I was thinking more boys might want to have their pic taken there if there were more clothes on the status. I really had to talk Nate into it!)
The Metro.....many complain about it, but it was an adventure for the kids!
Air and Space Museum...
Was tickled to see the son of my long ago 5th grade teacher on the wall there! All we heard about my 5th grade year at Maple Elementary was Mr. Allen's son (Bryan Allen) who flew the Gossamer Albatross across the English Channel. As a kid we didn't know the significance.....as an adult, I am impressed!
Our stop at the Washington DC temple. They have a great visitor's center that is open to all (Mormon or not)
At the end of our trip we spent some time in Maryland with Rodney's brother Brian and his wife Jessica. We loved all of the greenery and beautiful lakes (unlike flat barren Florida)......the kids got to swim in a lake for the first time.

2 comments:
Isn't the Lincoln Memorial AMAZING? It took me actually being there to realize how HUGE it is! I loved DC, I want to go back when the weather is nicer! We didn't go to a single museum :(
Wish I could be there!! These photos are the next best thing!!
MOM
Post a Comment